1. It doesn’t pollute our world with engine smoke and fumes like cars do.
2. If you are thinking that bikes don’t pollute as well, they use up more energy than roller skates and might break when you’re riding.
3. Roller-skating is exercise, so you can work out while having fun on your skates.
4. You don’t have to spend money by getting on a bus, car, coach or train, which pollute our environment.
5. It looks cool and isn’t that difficult to master because there are two wheels in front and two behind. Caution: in-line skates can be harder!
6. It makes you feel good and fresh for the day ahead as you are exercising in the refreshing breeze.
7. It makes life easier because instead of running you feel like you are gliding across the ground and floating across the pavement and feel awesome. Remember: always wear a helmet, knee pads, elbow pads, wrist pads, shin guards etc.
8. If you’re roller-skating to school then you won’t be late for school, whereas if you take the bus you might have to wait for ages.
By Tala and Jaweriya